The provisions of Articles R211-3 to R211-11 of the Tourism Code do not apply to reservations or the sale of tickets that are not part of a tourist package.
The brochure, the estimate, the proposal, the organiser's programme constitute the prior information referred to in article R211-6 of the Tourism Code. Consequently, unless otherwise stated on the registration form, the characteristics, special conditions and price of the trip as indicated in the brochure, the estimate, the organiser's proposal, will be contractual as soon as the registration form is signed. In the absence of a brochure, estimate, programme and proposal, the present document constitutes, prior to its signature by the purchaser, the prior information referred to in article R211-6 of the Tourism Code.
Art. R211-3-1. The exchange of pre-contractual information or the making available of contractual conditions is made in writing. They may be effected by electronic means under the conditions of validity and exercise provided for in Articles 1125 to 1127-6, 1176 and 1177 of the Civil Code. The name or business name and address of the seller as well as the indication of his registration in the register provided for in Article L. 141-3 (a) or, where applicable, the name, address and indication of the registration of the federation or union mentioned in the second paragraph of Article R. 211-2 are mentioned.
Art. R211-4 - Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the seller must provide the consumer with information on the prices, dates and other constituent elements of the services provided on the occasion of the stay, such as :
1° The destination, means, characteristics and categories of transport used ;
2° The type of accommodation, its location, its level of comfort and its main characteristics;
3° The catering services offered;
4° The description of the itinerary in the case of a tour ;
5° Visits, excursions and other services included in the package or possibly available for an extra charge ;
6° The minimum or maximum size of the group allowing the stay to take place and, if the duration of the stay is subject to a minimum number of participants, the deadline for informing the consumer in the event of cancellation of the journey or stay; this date may not be set less than twenty-one days before departure ;
7° The amount or percentage of the price to be paid as a deposit on conclusion of the contract as well as the schedule for payment of the balance;
8° The procedures for revising prices as provided for in the contract pursuant to Article R. 211-8;
9° The conditions of cancellation of a contractual nature;
10° The conditions of cancellation defined in Articles R. 211-9, R. 211-10 and R. 211-11 ;
L'information préalable faite au consommateur engage le vendeur, à moins que dans celle-ci le vendeur ne se soit réservé expressément le droit d'en modifier certains éléments. Le vendeur doit, dans ce cas, indiquer clairement dans quelle mesure cette modification peut intervenir et sur quel éléments. En tout état de cause, les modifications apportées à l'information préalable doivent être communiquées au consommateur avant la conclusion du contrat.
Article R211-6. The contract concluded between the seller and the buyer shall be in writing, drawn up in duplicate, one of which shall be given to the buyer, and signed by both parties. When the contract is concluded by electronic means, Articles 1125 to 1127-6, 1176 and 1177 of the Civil Code shall apply. The contract shall include the following clauses:
1° The name and address of the seller, his guarantor and his insurer as well as the name and address of the organiser;
2° The destination or destinations of the trip and, in the case of a split stay, the different periods and their dates;
3° The type of accommodation, its location, its level of comfort and its main characteristics and its tourist classification by virtue of the regulations or customs of the host country ;
4° The catering services offered;
5° The itinerary in the case of a tour;
6° The visits, excursions or other services included in the total price of the trip or stay;
7° The total price of the services invoiced as well as the indication of any possible revision of this invoicing by virtue of the provisions of article R. 211-8 ;
8° The schedule and terms of payment of the price; the last payment made by the buyer may not be less than 30% of the price of the trip or holiday and must be made when the documents enabling the trip or holiday to be carried out are handed over;
09° The special conditions requested by the buyer and accepted by the seller;
10° The terms and conditions under which the buyer may lodge a complaint with the seller for non-performance or improper performance of the contract, which complaint must be sent as soon as possible, by any means enabling an acknowledgement of receipt to be obtained from the seller, and, where appropriate, notified in writing to the travel organiser and the service provider concerned;
11° The deadline for informing the buyer in the event of cancellation of the trip or stay by the seller in the event that the completion of the trip or stay is linked to a minimum number of participants, in accordance with the provisions of 7° of Article R. 211-4;
12° The cancellation conditions of a contractual nature;
13° The cancellation conditions provided for in articles R. 211-9, R. 211-10 and R. 211-11 ;
14° The details concerning the risks covered and the amount of the guarantees under the insurance contract covering the consequences of the seller's professional civil liability ;
15° The details concerning the insurance contract covering the consequences of certain cases of cancellation taken out by the buyer (policy number and name of the insurer) as well as those concerning the assistance contract covering certain specific risks, in particular the repatriation costs in the event of accident or illness ; in this case, the seller must provide the buyer with a document specifying at least the risks covered and the risks excluded;
16° The deadline for informing the seller in the event of the assignment of the contract by the buyer;
17° The undertaking to provide the buyer, at least ten days before the date scheduled for his departure, with the following information : a) The name, address and telephone number of the seller's local representation or, failing this, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of local organisations likely to help the consumer in the event of difficulty or, failing this, the telephone number for urgent contact with the seller;
18° The clause for cancellation and reimbursement without penalty of the sums paid by the buyer in the event of failure to comply with the information obligation provided for in 13° of Article R. 211-4;
19° The commitment to provide the buyer, in due time before the start of the trip or stay, with the departure and arrival times.
Art. R211-7 - The buyer may assign his contract to an assignee who fulfils the same conditions as him for making the journey or sojourn, as long as the contract has not produced any effect. Unless a more favourable stipulation is made to the assignor, the latter is bound to inform the vendor of his decision by any means which allows him to obtain an acknowledgement of receipt no later than seven days before the start of the journey.
Art. R211-9 - Where, before the buyer's departure, the seller is obliged to make a change to one of the essential elements of the contract, such as a significant increase in the price, and where he fails to comply with the obligation to provide information mentioned in Article R. 13°. 211-4, the buyer may, without prejudice to any recourse for compensation for damages that may have been suffered, and after having been informed by the seller by any means allowing an acknowledgement of receipt to be obtained: -either cancel the contract and obtain immediate reimbursement of the sums paid without penalty; -either accept the modification or substitute trip proposed by the seller; an amendment to the contract specifying the modifications made is then signed by the parties; any price reduction is deducted from any sums still due by the buyer and, if the payment already made by the latter exceeds the price of the modified service, the excess must be returned to him before the date of his departure.
Art. R211-10 - Dans le cas prévu à l'article L. 211-14, lorsque, avant le départ de l'acheteur, le vendeur annule le voyage ou le séjour, il doit informer l'acheteur par tout moyen permettant d'en obtenir un accusé de réception ; l'acheteur, sans préjuger des recours en réparation des dommages éventuellement subis, obtient auprès du vendeur le remboursement immédiat et sans pénalité des sommes versées ; l'acheteur reçoit, dans ce cas, une indemnité au moins égale à la pénalité qu'il aurait supportée si l'annulation était intervenue de son fait à cette date.Les dispositions du présent article ne font en aucun cas obstacle à la conclusion d'un accord amiable ayant pour objet l'acceptation, par l'acheteur, d'un voyage ou séjour de substitution proposé par le vendeur.
Art. R211-11 - When, after the buyer's departure, the seller is unable to provide a preponderant part of the services provided for in the contract representing a non-negligible percentage of the price paid by the buyer, the seller must immediately take the following steps without prejudice to any recourse for compensation for damages which may have been suffered : -either offer services in replacement of the services provided for, possibly bearing any price supplement and, if the services accepted by the buyer are of inferior quality, the seller must reimburse the difference in price as soon as he returns; -or, if he cannot offer any replacement services or if these are refused by the buyer for valid reasons, provide the buyer, without any price supplement, with transport tickets to ensure his return under conditions that may be deemed equivalent to the place of departure or to another place accepted by both parties.The provisions of this article are applicable in the event of non-compliance with the obligation provided for in 13° of article R. 211-4.
1. The conditions of sales are those of articles R211-3 to R211-11 of the Tourism Code, which set out the conditions for the exercise of activities relating to the organisation and sale of trips or holidays. SOMMANT HORSE TEAM is covered by professional civil liability insurance with Generali.
2: Price: The client expressly acknowledges having taken into account the information relating to the stay he has chosen, thanks to the documentation and/or brochures (paper or electronic format) that have been provided to him prior to the submission of the invoice. Therefore, for all details concerning the trip, please refer to the information contained in the documentation and/or brochures. We systematically mention the services included and not included in our proposals. Unless otherwise stated in writing by us, entrance fees to museums and tourist sites, as well as expenses of a personal nature are not included in our prices.
Under no circumstances may SOMMANT HORSE TEAM be held responsible for circumstances of force majeure, for third parties not involved in the provision of the services provided for in the contract or for the poor execution of the contract attributable to the client. SOMMANT HORSE TEAM may never be held liable for indirect damage.
3. Terms and conditions 4. Modifications / Cancellations : Any cancellation (or modification less than 60 days before the departure date, considered as a cancellation) must be confirmed to us either by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt, (the date of receipt in our premises being taken as proof), or by e-mail (the acknowledgement of receipt on our part being taken as proof). of payment : The registration is made by paying a deposit of 30% of the total amount of the trip for we and stays in the Morvan (except Tour du Morvan), and 50% for all other stays. The balance must be paid 15 days before the date of departure, without any reminder from us. This deposit must be attached to your application form.
If you register less than 15 days before the departure date, the full amount must be paid at the time of registration. Holiday vouchers are accepted for services within the European Union. If the payment is higher than the order, the difference will remain as a non-refundable credit note, even in case of cancellation.
4. Modifications / Cancellations: Any cancellation (or modification less than 60 days before the departure date, considered as a cancellation) must be confirmed to us either by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt, (the date of receipt in our premises being taken as proof), or by e-mail (the acknowledgement of receipt on our part being taken as proof).
An indemnity, remunerating the prejudice suffered by SOMMANT HORSE TEAM, will be received in the event of cancellation of the stays by the traveller. This indemnity is due per person as follows:
Up to 61 days before departure: fixed cancellation compensation of 80€.
From 60 to 30 days before departure: cancellation indemnity of 25% of the price of land services.
From 29 days to 15 days before departure, cancellation indemnity of 50% of the price of the services. Less than 15 days before departure: cancellation indemnity of 100% of the price of the trip.
5. In the event of a dispute. After having contacted SOMMANT HORSE TEAM and in the absence of a satisfactory response within 60 days, the customer may refer the matter to the Tourism and Travel Mediator, whose contact details and methods of referral are available on www.mtv.travel.
- Any service not used by the traveller cannot give rise to any reimbursement.
- The equestrian level that you give us prior to your registration, as well as your personal details (height, weight, health information) are contractual elements: our guides reserve the right to refuse on the spot any person whose level or abilities are different from those validated by the registration form, and which would be incompatible with the smooth running of the programme. In this case, the client will not be able to claim any compensation.
Photographs may be taken, or films shot during your trip. Unless otherwise stated in writing by you at the time of registration, your registration implies your acceptance to appear on photo or film material that may be used subsequently to illustrate our programmes and activities, without this giving rise to any claim for compensation or indemnity.
- Insufficient number of participants is a valid reason for cancellation. You will then be informed at least 21 days before departure (7 days for weekends).
- No insurance or repatriation assistance is included in the trips offered, but the customer can take out optional insurance covering repatriation assistance and the consequences of cancellation. However, the customer must check if he is not already properly insured for illness and repatriation assistance for himself and other participants in the trip, as well as in the event of an incident concerning his relatives taking part in the trip or not.
- The information collected is subject to computer processing in order to respond to your request. The processing of your personal data is done in compliance with the law relating to Information Technology, Files and Freedoms of 6 January 1978. This data is intended for SOMMANT HORSE TEAM and its partners and may be transferred to third parties. You have the right to access, rectify or oppose any personal data concerning you at any time, by contacting SOMMANT HORSE TEAM by post or e-mail (indicating your surname, first name, address and e-mail).